It is with great pleasure that we invite you to attend The Virtual 2nd European Conference on Controversies in Diabetic Foot Management (DiabeticFoot-Europe) taking place 09-10 December 2020.
DiabeticFoot-Europe follows the success of the inaugural 2019 Conference which took place in Vienna and will continue to provide a first-of-its-kind platform for multidisciplinary top-tier scientific and clinical discussions regarding the management and salvage of the diabetic foot, and will address technological innovation, debates and controversies in the field.
Diabetic Foot is one of the most serious complications of Diabetes – which is of an epidemic scale in both developed and developing countries. Ulceration of the feet would severely aggravate the overall health status and patient condition and will likely have socioeconomic impact as well, particularly if eventually leading to foot or limb amputation. Clearly, managing the diabetic foot is a multidisciplinary effort by experts such as podiatrists, orthopedists, vascular and plastic surgeons, dermatologists, neurologists, endocrinologists, diabetes specialists, biomechanists, rehabilitation physicians, physical therapists, nutritionists, nurses, footwear and orthotic consultants and industry research & development leaders. Biomedical research in gait and motion science, tissue mechanics, microbiology, sensor technology, image processing and big data is fundamental to clinical practice.
The Conference aims are as follows:
- Facilitate an open conversation on common ground among the different research and clinical disciplines involved in the management and salvage of the diabetic foot
- Highlight current controversies related to managing the diabetic foot and explain the present opposing views
- Deliver state-of-the-art knowledge regarding clinical prevention and treatment of diabetic foot ulcers by the key opinion leaders in the field
- Showcase promising research and technological breakthroughs in diagnosis, prevention and treatment of diabetic foot ulcers
- Discuss risk assessment tools and the current and future medical technologies and devices supporting these clinical tasks
- Analyze and assess products that are available for prevention and treatment of diabetic foot ulcers and the quality of scientific and clinical evidence to support relevant claims currently made by manufacturers
We welcome attendees from the above-listed and other disciplines to join us online to discuss the burning topics in diabetic foot management.
We hope you will join us online at DiabeticFoot-Europe.